Crepes! Yum! Who doesn’t like crepes!
This is my basic recipe for sweet crepes! I make it for years, and it never failed me! You can also make savory crepes with the same ingredients, but remember to reduce the sugar quantity from 1 Tablespoon to 1 teaspoon.
Sweet version: You can put whatever your heart desires in your crepe… fruit, crushed graham cracker or digestives (here, in Europe), spread peanut butter, jam, nutella, add roasted nuts, ice cream or simply drizzle with maple syrup… It is your choice…! 🙂 Either way it is yummy!
Soon, I am planning to post savory and sweet crepe filling ideas, sooo…. be around!
1 – 1/4 cups milk
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 Tbsp granulated sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla granules or vanilla extract
1 Tbsp sunflower oil, or any other flavorless oil
1. In a bowl, beat the sugar and the egg, using a whisk, for a few seconds.
2. Then, add the milk, the vanilla granules and salt. Whisk!
3. Add the flour and stir to combine.
4. Finally, pour the the oil in and mix until smooth! Your batter is almost ready!
5. At this point it will seem thin, but do not worry! You have to let the batter sit for about 10 minutes before you start making your crepes. After 10 minutes the mixture will thicken and set.
6. Grab a medium-sized crepe pan or a regular pan, put it on high heat and add a teaspoon of butter. Let the butter melt and the pan heat up. It is very important to wait until the pan heats up, otherwise your crepes won’t turn out nice.
7. Lower the heat to medium high and start making the crepes.
8. Pour about 1/4 – 1/3 cup of the crepe batter in the pan. Once you add the mixture, immediately, tilt the pan in a circle motion to distribute the batter evenly.
9. Let the crepe, cook, brown and crisp up on the edges, before flipping it on the other side to continue cooking.
10. Place the crepe in a dish, grease the pan with an oiled kitchen paper towel, and continue until you finish with your batter. Be careful not to burn yourself!
Serves 2 people
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time:10 minutes