Last week, on the 21st of June, we welcomed the best season of the year! SUMMEEEER! But, I forgot it… so the days went by and two days ago I remembered! Daaahh….. Summer has become my favourite season, so I decided to welcome it properly, no matter what! I mean, I had to bake something, so I decided to make a peach crisp! Peaches are summer fruit, right?!
Oh man, I adore summer! SUN, SEA, HOLIDAYS… you cannot go wrong! ❤
8 medium peaches, cut in wedges
1/3 cup sugar
1 Tbsp corn flour
3/4 cup AP flour
1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup ground almonds
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp pink salt
1) Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
2) Peel the peaches and cut them in wedges. In a large bowl mix together the peaches with the sugar and the corn flour. Add the peach mixture in a baking dish and set aside.
3) In a the food processor, fitted with the blade attachment, add the topping ingredients and pulse until the crumble is formed. ** You have to work quickly because you do not want the butter to melt.
4) Sprinkle the topping over the peaches and bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
5) Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
Serves 4 people