Here in Cyprus fresh fish can be found everywhere. I purchased these two breams from the market and I asked the guys there to clean it for me! I am gonna be honest here… cleaning fish is not something I have ever done, nor I ever intend to do! :p
This recipe is my favouriteee because it makes for the best lemony fish.
2 sea breams
1 lemon, peeled and cut into slices
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp soumac
1 tsp oregano
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Prepare, aluminium foil and parchment paper “beds” for the fish and place the fish on it. *** Wear gloves when touching the fish
2. Season the fish with salt and pepper. ** Do not forget to season the cavity of the fish, as well.
3. In the belly cavity, lay half of the lemon slices, season with 1/4 tsp soumac and 1/4 tsp oregano. Sprinkle the other 1/4 tsp soumac and 1/4 tsp oregano on top of the fish.
4. Before wrapping the fish, drizzle with a 1 tablespoon olive oil.
5. Repeat the process with the second fish.
6. Wrap the fish by pinching the edges of the foil.
7. Bake at 185 °C for about 40 and then open the foil and let the fish brown for about 10 min.
You can serve the fish with rice or baked potatoes.
Hugs, Mariana xx