I absolutely love one-pot recipes, because I am not only saving time and effort, I also do not have to clean the whole kitchen and wash dishes for ages… Okay I am overexaggerating, but still…. I mean who likes cleaning dishes anyways?! :p
1/2 onion, diced
2 Tbsp Olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
250g (1/2 lb) chicken mince
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp paprika
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning (basil, thyme, oregano mix)
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/4 cup crushed tomato
2 cups water
1 1/2 cup short-cut pasta
3 Tbsp cilantro or parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
1) On medium-high heat, take a high-side skillet, add in the olive oil and the onions. Let the onions cook for a few minutes or until translucent and slightly brown.
2) Add the minced chicken-meat and garlic, stir by breaking it out, and let it cook for 2-3 minutes or until cooked.
3) Now, add the tomato sauce, the spices and the water. Cover it partially and let it cook for 5 minutes or so on low heat.
4) The sauce will look watery, but that is totally fine. Adjust the heat to medium, add the pasta, and cook according to package instructions. I used shells, so it took about 10 minutes. Add more water if needed!
5) At this point the pasta should be cooked, the sauce should be thick and creamy!
6) To finished it up, stir in the parsley or cilantro and the grated cheese!
Before serving, I would suggest to let the pasta sit aside for 5 minutes, this will make creamier and just perfect!
The food is readyy to be served!
Serves 2 people