Vegetarian Version of Chicken Cajun Pasta! Easy dinner, mode on! Do not mind the green stuff on the plate, its cilantro! I only added it to decorate the plate but I do not think it worked very well! :p It looks like I forgot the dish under a tree, or something! ahahaha….
11oz (300g) bow-tie pasta, dry
1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 onion, cut into half-moon slices
12 oz (340g) white mushrooms, in wedges
2 cloves garlic
1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Fill a large pot with water, bring to boil, add salt and throw your pasta in. Boil 2 minutes, less, than the package instruction time.
2. In a large pan, add the olive oil and saute the sliced onion for a few minutes or until it starts to get golden color.
3. Then add the bell pepper, the mushrooms, the Cajun seasoning, 1/2 cup water and the garlic. Lower the heat to medium and cook the veggies for about 10 minutes or until they begin to cook down.
4. Drain the pasta, and reserve some 1/2 cup of the boiling water.
5. Uncover the veggies and pour in the heavy cream. Use some of the boiling water to thin out your sauce.
6. Add the pasta and let it simmer for 1-2 minutes, or until the sauce thickens and the pasta absorbs all the saucy goodness.
7. Do not forget to salt in every stage of your cooking, or you will end up with flavorless pastaa!