Again, cookies! I am obsessed with cookies this week… not only this week, but these days something happened, especially! Can’t explain it! :p
A twist to the classic raisin oatmeal cookie! I used dried blueberries, instead, because I adore the tartness of the blueberries! Yes, they are soft! Crispy thin cookies do not exist on my vocabulary! Okay, let’s not be that…. harsh! I just do not like them all that much…
Anyway, stop rumbling, girl! Recipee…
1 cup oatmeal
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
2/3 cup dried blueberries
1/2 cup butter, soften at room temperature
2 medium eggs
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven at 175 degrees Celsius (365 Fahrenheit). In a bowl, cream the soft butter and the sugar for a few minutes, using a spatula.
2. Add the baking powder, the vanilla and salt. Once they are mixed, add the eggs!
3. Mix in the dried blueberries, the flour and the oatmeal until the ingredients are well combined.
4. Line a tray with a parchment paper and, with an ice cream scoop, scoop the cookies in the tray. Keep in mind that this recipe makes for 12 cookies. Do not forget to tap the cookies with your figure so that they spread a little bit. These are soft cookies – they won’t spread during baking all by themselves!
5. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until cooked fully. Let them cool down and then transfer them on a wire rack.
Makes 12 cookies