I spent all morning, trying to figure out the right way to make the best soft cookies! I am “soft-cookie team” and no shame about it! They are ooey gooey, perfect… I will never understand why people like crispy thin cookies… What is wrong with you? :p
I read articles after articles about the cookie science… after a thorough research I came up with this recipe… I am happy to say… Naaaailed it! 🙂
I made half the recipe, I am giving you below, because the whole recipe ain’t gonna be good for my hips!
They came out perfect – soft on the inside and crispy-ish on the outside!
1/2 cup butter, soft at room temperature
2/3 cup white sugar
2 medium eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 1/3 cup All purpose flour
1. Preheat the oven at 175 degrees Celsius (365 Fahrenheit). In a mixing bowl, cream the soft butter with the sugar for a few minutes.
2. Stop the mixer, add the eggs, the baking powder, the vanilla and salt. Quick mix.
3. Bring the bowl close to you, add the chocolate chips, the cocoa powder and the flour. Mix with a spatula until the ingredients are well combined.
4. Line a tray with a parchment paper and, with an ice cream scoop, scoop the cookies in the tray. Keep in mind that this recipe makes for 12 cookies. Do not forget to tap the cookies with your figure so that they spread a little bit. These are soft cookies – they won’t spread during baking all by themselves!
5. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until cooked fully. Let them cool down and then transfer them on a wire rack.
I am going to eat one more, now…. 🙂