When I think of easy cakes, the first thing that comes in my mind is the marble cake. Chocolate and Vanilla, COMBINED! I mean, come on… how can you go wrong!
I believe that this is an all-time favorite flavor that everyone appreciates!
So far, my mum used to make this cake as a cake… you know, in the cake form… Since everything is better in muffin version, I thought it will be a good idea to make marble cake muffins!
Soooo, here it is!! I hope you recreate it and I hope you like it!! 🙂
1 ½ cups All Purpose flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 cup sugar
¼ cup yogurt or sour cream
½ cup whole milk
½ cup vegetable oil, flavorless
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C (375 °F) degrees.
2. In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the eggs with the sugar, until smooth. Scrape down the sides of your bowl to make sure that everything is combined.
3. Add the vanilla extract, the milk and the yogurt and mix. At this point, the mixture will look curdled, but do not worry it will smooth out when you will add the dry ingredients! 🙂
4. Meanwhile, in a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients. Add the flour, salt and baking powder, and set aside.
5. Now, add the dry ingredients and the vegetable oil, alternating between the two until you finish with your ingredients. Do not over mix your batter!
6. Remove the bowl from the standing mixer and give the mixture a last swirl with your spatula in case something hasn’t been mixed.
7. Take about 3/4 of the vanilla mixture and add the cocoa powder, to make the chocolate mixture. Add 1 tsp of milk to thin the chocolate batter out.
8. Prepare the muffin tin; line the muffin liners and divide the vanilla batter evenly. Continue with the chocolate batter, adding just a teaspoon in each muffin.
9. Bake them for about 15 to 18 minutes or until fully cooked through. Check with a toothpick! You know the deal.. :p
Makes 12 muffins